Thursday, October 30, 2008

And the weekend begins....

It is late Thursday night (actually, early Friday morning - but I've yet to get to bed) and I am procrastinating from cleaning all my toy demos for this weekend. I think I carry too many demos. I only show 12-14 at each party, and some of those vary from party to party, but there are still some toys I never demo. I think I am up to about 60-65 toys, and I have at least one in stock for every demo that I have. The demos take up two rifle cases, and I am trying to cut down on how much stuff I am dragging into the hostesses' homes. All my stock is now in four pink compact rolling carts (17" x 15" x 16") and my lotion demos fit into two small pink & black duffle/tool bags (16" x 6"). If I can get my toy demos into one gun case, then all I have left is my miscellaneous stuff, which I have yet to find the exact right container for. Plus my Las Vegas bag from convention in 2007, in which I carry my ordering room things, including hostess and recruit packets, clipboard case with calculator, calendar/planner, money bag and my purse. This bag stays with me in the front seat in case anything happens (like an accident) and I can only grab one thing. My business could probably survive the loss of stock and demos, but my calendar and my customers' order sheets are the lifeblood of my business, so they stay close at hand.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with my "oldest" daughter. I have had recruits come and go, but she is the first one who really stuck with it. She only does PR part-time as she has a full-time job and is going to school (how does she do it?), but she is often top in sales of my downline. I think she is an inspiration to her PR daughter, who seems to be following in Dawn's footsteps - attending more trainings, going to convention in March, recruiting.

Tonight was the debut party of one of my new recruits. There were about 15 women present to support her, and she did very well for her first party. She was nervous, but I could tell she had done a lot of prep work prior to the show. She knew what she was going to say every step along the way. She did not just learn her products; she planned her whole show. So even if words failed her at times, or she stumbled through an explanation, I knew she had the "right stuff" to become a good Pure Romance Consultant.

Tomorrow I am going to a PR Halloween party, and still need to come up with a costume. It has to be comfortable enough to wear to do my demo, and I want it to be fun. OMG! I have my Pink Ladies of Pure Romance hot pink and black 50's retro bowling shirt! Perfect! Maybe I can find a cheap pair of shoes that look like bowling shoes, and I'll be all set. Whew! That's one less thing to worry about.

I guess the toy cleaning will have to wait until after lunch tomorrow - I'm off to bed.

No comments: