Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Monday

I had a lot of fun this weekend. I only had two parties, and both were over $400, but I booked three parties and have a recruit lead, so it is ok. Also, because my stock is very full right now, I only had two backorders to fill. I will wait until after next weekend (four parties) to place my order, but am borrowing the two items from one of my PR daughters so I can get them to the customers. If I wait and get them with my next order, they would still have gotten them withn the 7-10 business days I promised, but it would be tight and I'd prefer to give excellent customer service by sending them out early.

I'm continuing to promote my business everywhere I go. I now have a tri-fold recruiting brochure, which is easier to hand out than a whole packet. I still keep packets on hand for those who want more information, but for the waitresses, etc. a brochure is much easier to distribute and easier for them to digest.

I am still working with Tonya Grimes (www.tonyagrimes.com), a profesional coach, to help me grow my business. With her encouragement and advice, I am learning how to handle situations within my business and am passing on the ones that work for me to my team. She is also helping me with my e-newsletters so I can get the most "bang for my buck". Check out her website for products such as the CD "Gold Mine Recruiting". I am also listening to Karen Phelps (www.karenphelps.com ) on CD while driving to help me learn new ideas (and reinforce older ideas) on how to book parties and build my team. I highly recommend using yor driving time to listen to motivational CD's.

This coming weekend I have four parties booked. Thursday night is a sorority party, where they expect 40 or more women. I am having one of my newer team members come with me to help. I also want this to be a learning experience for her. Speaking of helpers, I booked a party Saturday night to be held as an open house at a bar. I think Saturday's hostess would make a great consultant, but she's not sure. I have asked her to help me at the open house. This way, she can see what I do without the nervousness of being a hostess. A bonus for her is that she wants one of our "luxury" toys but cannot afford it. Since this party will have been the third one booked from her party, I told her that if all three parties go well, she could have the toy at half-price, but if she helps me at this party, I'll give her an even bigger discount. I hope to be able to give it to her free for helping me - we'll just have to see how much I make at her three parties.

No comments: