Monday, February 23, 2009

Changing My Demo

This weekend I tried something different at one of my parties. First of all, I did not give the guests catalogs or order blanks. I wanted them to just listen to what I was saying, as I was educating them and not just selling products. I talked about how I became a consultant and why I chose Pure Romance, plus the SSS program and the Patty Brisben Foundation. Instead of showing the lotions first and the toys afterwards, I combined the two, mixing the clitoral vibrators, c-rings & sleeves, male stimulators and Mr. Dependable in with the lotions. Basically, what I did was talk about the stages of an intimate encounter and what products went with those stages - both lotions and toys.

I started with getting in the mood (games & foreplay products), relaxing with bath & massage aids, feeling desirable by looking good (beauty aids), then kickstarting with clitoral stimulators. I began with bullets in general and how they can be used on the vulva. I brought out my Wondrous Vulva Puppet to show it's parts and how they can be stimulated (including information about the g-spot). I talked about introducing toys in the bedroom and how a bullet can be used for his pleasure as well. I described how to take care of toys and then went on to show several clitoral stimulators. Then I talked about having fun and showed the playful lubricants (Sensations and Whipped) which led to talking about Super Stretch and c-ring toys. I talked about how c-ring toys help level the playing field by slowing him down and speeding her up. But she sometimes needs more help to get up to speed, so I showed the arousal creams. Next, I talked about how it is important for every woman to have an everyday lubricant as well as the playful ones, and showed those. When I talked about Pure Pleasure, I included a bit about anal sex and showed a couple of anal toys. From there I went to performance enhancers, then g-spot toys, vaginal vibrators and dual-action vibrators.

I felt I was able to keep their attention, the demo did not take any longer than my usual demo, and sales were good. The only part I need to improve upon is the games. Since they did not have lapboards or catalogs, I felt I could not play any games that required writing, which limits the games I play and eliminates ones that I really like. I'm sure I will come up with a solution to this minor problem.

No comments: